- Director, Theological Education for Emerging Ministries [TEEM]
- Assistant Professor of Contextual Theology
- (510) 559-2728
Education empowers people. Theological education not only empowers but also inspires, enlightens, and liberates one to know the meaning and purpose of life and serve the Church and Society. Theological education equips to analyze critically our context of religious and cultural pluralism and seeks understanding and relevance of our faith to participate creatively in the pilgrimage of life.
BSc, Andhra University, Waltair, South India (1979); BD (1985), M.Th. (1993), United Theological College, Bangalore, South India; ThD, Graduate Theological Union (2006)
Brief Professional History
Youth Director and rural Pastor—AELC, Andhra Pradesh, India (1985–1991); Jr. Lecturer, Leonard Theological College, Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh, India (1993–1994); National General Secretary of the Student Christian Movement of India affiliated with the World Student Christian Federation, Bangalore, India (1994–2000); Pastor/Mission Developer, Good Shepherd South Asian Ministry, Fremont, CA (2005–2008); PLTS (2008– ).
Select Special Service
Member at large, Synod Council, Sierra Pacific Synod, The Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (2002-2008).
- “A theological reflection on Cry for life—A Faith Response,” Aikyatha (SCMI: Bangalore) April 1994.
- “Easter and the Dalits: Why do you seek the living among the dead?” Vidyajyothi: Journal of Theological Reflection, Vol. 58, No. 5, May 1994, pp. 292-297.
- “Transcending Boundaries with the Son of Man, of No-boundaries,” Transcending Boundaries for a True Ecumenism, Report of the consultation in honor of Rev. Dr. Satish C. Gyan (RCDRC: Raipur, 1998), pp. 58-63.
- “Tiger and Lamb graze together: Mission and Evangelism in the Context of Megatrends in Asia” in Soman Das, Ed. Mission and Evangelism (ISPCK: Delhi, 1998), pp. 164- 170.
- “Dreams of Joseph and Pharaoh: A Brief Biblical Reflection on Globalization” in P. Jagdesh Gandhi & George Cherian, eds. Globalization: A Challenge to the Church (AIASCA: Chennai, 1998), pp. 103-105.
- “Female Infanticide and Feoticide: Unwanted at Birth and Even After Birth” in Elizabeth Joy, ed. Lived Realities: Faith Reflections on Gender Justice. (CSIRS: Bangalore, 1999), pp. 101-112.
- “Theological Implications of the Historical Reconstruction of Jesus Movement and Early Church from a Feminist Perspective”, in Prasanna Kumari, ed. Women in Church and Society: Essays in Honor of Florence Robinson (Department of Women Studies- Gurukul: Chennai, 1999), pp. 67-79.
- Editor, Struggles to Celebrate Life: Biblical Reflections on women, Dalit and Media, (SCMI: Bangalore, 1998).
- Editor (1994 -2000) Aikyatha, (SCMI: Bangalore) a publication of SCMI.
- “Confirmation Ministry in the Crossfire of Tolerance and Fascism,” Dialog: A Journal of Theology, Volume 41, No.3, Fall 2002.
- “Christology in the midst of Globalization” (Unpublished) paper presented at PANA and PSR lecture series in Spring 2003.
- “Negating Boundaries: An Indian theological Perspective” (Unpublished) paper presented at the Asian Pacific Americans and Religion Research Initiative Annual Conference, Hass School of Business, Berkeley, CA, August 2003.
- “Luther and Shankara: Two Ways of Salvation in the India Context,” Dialog, A Journal of Theology, Volume 43, No.3, Fall 2006.