Office of Seminary Relations
- Office of Seminary Relations
- Brian Stein-Webber, Director of Seminary Relations
- Wren Gray-Reneberg, Office Manager for Seminary Relations
The Office of Seminary Relations works to raise charitable contributions to support the mission of Pacific Lutheran Theological Seminary. Contributions are made in a variety of ways and are used to enhance the programs and services that make theological education at PLTS distinctive.
In the Giving area of our site you will discover ways you can support our mission of preparing church leaders for lives of service. We invite you to learn more about these opportunities to strengthen the seminary for both current and future students.
This year our Campaign for PLTS is focused on four initiatives:
- Current Gifts / Seminary Fund: Contributions made to PLTS during the fiscal year (July 1 to June 30) in which they are received are used to meet current needs, including scholarship support for students. The Seminary Fund is the cornerstone of fundraising for PLTS and sustains our tradition of theological distinction.
- PLTS Scholarships / Endowment: PLTS relies on its endowment to provide support in perpetuity for a range of needs, including scholarships and financial aid and faculty development. The principle of the endowment is never spent; only interest income is used for designated spending needs.
- Campus Upgrades and Renovation: PLTS is seeking funds this year for ongoing campus upgrades. In April 2006, the PLTS Board voted unanimously to stay at our current campus at 2770 Marin Avenue in the Berkeley hills. As a result, a campus master plan was developed. Stay tuned for information about our campaign for new campus renovation.
- Gift Planning: There are tax-advantaged ways to support our seminary both now and in the future. Planned gifts include provisions made in donors’ wills, gift annuities, and the establishment of various types of trust vehicles. Planned gifts are often used to establish named endowments.