Walter Gary Pence, Ph.D.
Instructor of Biblical Greek; Professor Emeritus of Pastoral Theology
The Rev. Dr. Gary Pence began at PLTS directing the continuing education program and inaugurating the Doctor of Ministry program. He taught courses in a variety of disciplines and served as both Academic Dean and Interim President. He is a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and taught pastoral care and counseling until his retirement in 2005. Dr. Pence then returned to his first love and began teaching New Testament Greek, a subject he approaches both as an indispensable window into the world of the New Testament and a fascinating exercise that illuminates how we construct our thought across multiple linguistic platforms.
- Ph.D. (Classics), Princeton University
- M.S. (Counseling Psychology), California State University, East Bay
- M.Div. (Ministry), Concordia Seminary
- A.M. (Classics), Harvard University
- A.B. (Greek), University of Michigan