Tuition & Fees
Tuition paid to Pacific Lutheran Theological Seminary covers any course taken through the cross-registration system of the Graduate Theological Union and the University of California, Berkeley. Tuition, fees, rentals and other charges quoted in this section are in effect at the time of printing but are subject to change as may be required for the prudent fiscal management of the institution. Notice of fee increases is given as far in advance as possible.
Cost of Attendance for PLTS
Annual Tuition Based on 24 Credits ( $580/credit): approximately $13,920
|Single Student Budget||Per Month||Single Term||9-Month / Academic Year|
|Student Association Fee & Technology Fee||$130||$260|
|Books / Supplies||$206||$1,030||$1,854|
|Housing / Meals||$1,362||$6,810||12,258|
|Total Non-Tuition Expenses||$2,318||$11,855||$21,392|
Total Cost of Attendance (annual tuition + total non-tuition expenses)= $35,312
- The minimum tuition paid for the M.Div. degree taken entirely at PLTS must equal full-time tuition for 6 semesters. The minimum tuition paid for the MTS degree taken entirely at PLTS must equal full-time tuition for 4 semesters. The tuition charges are those in effect during the student’s years of enrollment.
- For students transferring from other schools, minimum required tuition for the M.Div. degree will be adjusted according to a determination of the number of units transferred to the PLTS degree program.
- The continuation fee for MA students is charged after 4 semesters of full-time tuition is paid.
- For tuition information on summer courses, refer to the current Cooperative Summer Session brochure.
- Completed registration statements are due in the PLTS registrar’s office by 3:30 p.m. on the last day of registration. Statements submitted after that time are subject to a late fee.
- Changes in registration after the registration statement has been filed (i.e., dropping or adding a course, changing the grade option, etc.) require a change form and payment of the $30 change fee.
For further information, call the PLTS Business Office at (510) 559-2723.
Any student enrolled in any program of the GTU or a member institution who is delinquent in any obligation to the GTU or to any of its members (including, but not limited to, housing regulations, tuition and fees) will not be entitled to any certification from the GTU or its members, such as diplomas, transcripts or registration for course work, until the GTU or the member school certifies that such delinquency has been made good.