The Bay Area provides a variety of public transportation options. Getting going is as easy as purchasing a Clipper Card, planning your trip, and hopping on board.
A Clipper Card makes for easy access onto and transfer between AC Transit, MUNI, and BART. A Clipper Card can be purchased for a one-time cost of $3 at Walgreens (2190 Shattuck Ave., Berkeley), Target Express (2187 Shattuck Ave., Berkeley), or select BART stations (North Berkeley BART Station). Note the type of card purchased, as there are cards that are limited to BART/MUNI, which are not recommended for around the Bay travel. Once purchased, you will need to set up your Clipper Card online.
Planning a Trip
Plan a trip using public transportation at 511.org. Primary addresses for planning a trip are The Overture Apartments at 1812 University Avenue; PLTS at 2000 Center Street; and GTU at 2400 Ridge Road or 2510 Le Conte (for routes with no hills to traverse).
- Subway: BART
- Light Rail (San Francisco): MUNI
- Train (San Francisco Peninsula, San Jose): Caltrain
- Bus (Berkeley, Oakland, Alameda county): AC Transit
- Bus (Around UC-Berkeley perimeter): Bear Transit
- Bus (Richmond, Contra Costa County): West Cat Transit
- Train (United States): AmTrak *
*Amtrak does not take clipper but is accessible by taking BART to Richmond Station.