Theological Education for Emerging Ministries (TEEM)
The Theological Education for Emerging Ministries (TEEM) certificate program is a non-residential and contextual-educational arm of Pacific Lutheran Theological Seminary in collaboration with Luther Seminary, aimed at preparing people for ordained ministry in the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) and the Episcopal Church USA.
Students study at home with local pastors/mentors, while doing the ministry in a congregation. Students meet together on campus three times a year with their professors (twice at PLTS, once at Luther). The curriculum of this program generally consists of 16 courses taught primarily by PLTS and Luther faculty, 4 workshops led by churchwide specialists, plus internship and Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE). Depending on the student’s circumstances, internship and CPE could be completed while pursuing the academic components of the curriculum. Financial aid, scholarships and VA funding are available.
TEEM had been training pastors for over 25 years and has approximately 200 graduates from the PLTS-Luther program. The program is now offered in three locations: in collaboration with Southeastern Synod and the Lutheran Theological Center Atlanta in Atlanta, Georgia; in Indianapolis in collaboration with Indiana Kentucky Synod; and in Portland in partnership with Oregon Synod leaders and local pastors and scholars.
For questions regarding TEEM, please e-mail the Director.
Intern's Self Evaluation Form (from HANDBOOK p.18-22)
Supervisor's Evaluation Form (from HANDBOOK p.23-27)
Internship Committee Evaluation Form (from HANDBOOK p.28-29)
Mark your calendars!
- TEEM Fall Conference: October 7-9, 2021
- INDY Cohort: October 11-15, 2021 online via Zoom platform.
- PLTS Cohort: October 25-29, 2021 online via Zoom platform.
- The PLTS Spiritual Care Team is available to TEEM students and their families. You can contact the them at 510-559-2765 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send all mail to the address below until further notice. Please note that the access to the campus building is limited and mails sent to the campus address could be returned to the sender.
Pacific Lutheran Theological Seminary
PO Box 525
Berkeley, CA 94701
TEEM Student Resources
- CLU Writing Center is here for you, too! Please click here to check the flyer for brief information and go to https://www.callutheran.edu/students/writing-center/ to schedule for appointments.
(Para información sobre El Centro de Escritura en Español, haz clic aqui.)
- Connect with TEEM PLTS on Facebook to view more media.
- See the wonderful photo essay by TEEM alumni below.
TEEM Student Forms